I recently started making homemade granola as a snack for work and also as a gift option for co-workers, friends and families. Store bought granola is often high in sugar and highly processed. This version is made with maple sugar to sweeten and is very simple to prepare. The recipe is from my favorite iPad app: Forks Over Knives Recipes.
What you will need:
4 cups of oats
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Salt to taste
1. In a blender, purée all of the ingredients EXCEPT the oats until smooth
2. In a large bowl, add the oats and gently toss with the puréed ingredients.
3. Place granola in a thin layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes. Toss after the first 20 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, turn the oven off and allow granola to crisp until the oven has cooled down.
6. Store in an air tight container
I often add small pieces of 85% dark chocolate, sliced almonds/walnuts, and or raisins. Enjoy!!